Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Foyer Transformation

The roof, the roof, the roof is on FOYER !!!

So one day I built a shelf... I'm not sure what happened after that but for the past few years I've been tearing my house apart and remodeling everything I could. Usually starting with the parts that bothered my wife the most. I have come up with a triage system for managing project necessity based on the severity and magnitude of complaints received by be from my family.

One of these projects was the foyer. Check it out!!!

BEFORE
  
AFTER

KABOOM!! right? Here are some shots of the work.


Carpet and tile coming out a little floor leveling compound in there too.


New Sill

Some wood and MDF.

Adding the crown.

Some paint.


Archway Buildup

The house has some nice big openings from room to room downstairs. The ceilings are 10ft tall and the tops of the arches are 8ft so I wanted to make the one from the foyer to the living room BIG and beautiful since it's the first thing you see when you walk in the front door. 








Door trim is built up the same way as the archway, baseboards are 1x6's with a basecap on top and a small shoe on bottom. The door is the same just painted dark grey. 


Crown moulding is a three piece build up. Baseboard on bottom, crown in middle and 1x4 on top. 

1 comment:

  1. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Hardwood Handrail

    ReplyDelete